Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Resolutions

Every time that I travel I resolve to get organized early and pack a few days ahead of time, and despite my best efforts, I find myself scurrying around until my flight departs packing and repacking and bringing far too much. After so many trips, I ought to have learned that traveling light is the way to go. Oops. I will put it all together after working all day tomorrow...

My sister flies in from Boston in the afternoon. This will be the first time that she will have time with Maya, and I hope they will enjoy each other. Maya will like the attention, since Monica will pick her up early from school and Maya will have more time to chill and to play. When I return from Ecuador this time, I want to reduce my working hours and have more time to be with Maya. We both have to learn more Spanish to prepare for our year away. Maya's new school has already suggested that Maya learn as mush Spanish as possible before she starts school in September, it will be easier to adjust. I have not really paid much attention to the fact that I must be fluent to enjoy my year in Ecuador. I just assumed that I would learn by osmosis and I will suddenly find myself competent in the language. I am realizing more and more that I need to pay more attention to learning the language now. My life is far to packed with activity to take the time to learn...or at least that is my excuse. I resolve to focus my energy on learning the language when we return. It is a beautiful and expressive language. Quito is known to have excellent language schools, so that may be an option when we live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment