Thursday, September 3, 2009

Trust Your Instincts.... Again

Eric and I made today our final intense apartment hunting day. I kept telling Eric I was nervous that he was carrying his computer in a bag on his shoulder all day. He had picked up 500$ as well and wanted me to take some of it but I was too worried about carrying money (I carry only about ten dollars at any time) after my experience of being pickpocketed. At the end of the day after we had seen as many apartments as we needed to make a final decision, Eric went to the Sacha Lodge office to pick up my new cell phone and the chip for his iphone, while I took the Ecovia back to JipiJapa. Maya had spent the day with Erika, Isabel and Stephanie and Daniel and Mario and had gone to visit the dog Sayid, who will be ready to come home from the trainers soon. Eric did not come home as soon as I would expected. I expressed my concern that he was carrying the computer and the three phones and the cash and worried that he had been robbed. As time passed, I became more and more worried, and more worried still. When the doorbell rang, I rushed out to open the door for him and there he was without his computer. He had in fact been robbed at gunpoint, had everything of value stolen along with his wallet and money and cellphones and computer. He said it was young boys with a gun and he did not resist and was not hurt.

Lessons learned? DO NOT WALK AROUND WITH CASH OR COMPUTER OR CAMERA OR WALLET OR THREE CELLPHONES!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY AFTER DARK!

Things to be thankful for: NOT GETTING HURT. Things are just things.

No comments:

Post a Comment